Emerges Victorious in 2017 Southern Nationals Lid Lifter at Wythe
15, 2017) Vic Hill, of Mosheim, Tennessee, recorded his
sixth career Schaeffer's Oil Southern Nationals Series victory
tonight at the picturesque Wythe Raceway in Rural Retreat, Virginia!
Vic, who started tenth on the grid in the 53-lap Southern Nationals
lid lifter, grabbed the point on the 23rd circuit and despite
brake issues held off Brandon Overton, Steve Casebolt, Shanon
Buckingham, and Johnny Pursley to bag the $10,000 top prize. Vic
also earned Fast Time honors of the stellar 28 car field during
qualifying at the 1/2-mile speedplant, while Ross Bailes, Dale
McDowell, Brandon Overton, and Chris Ferguson all picked up heat
race triumphs. (McLeod Media Services Photo)
Round two of the 2017 edition of the Schaeffer's Oil Southern
Nationals Series tour will take place on Monday, July 17 at Tri-County
Race Track in Brasstown, North Carolina.
Official Summary of Results
Feature Results for Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals
at Wythe Raceway in Rural Retreat, VA on July 15, 2017
1. Vic Hill-Mosheim, Tenn.
2. Brandon Overton-Evans, Ga.
3. Steve Casebolt-Richmond, Ind.
4. Shanon Buckingham-Morristown, Tenn.
5. Johnny Pursley-Clover, S.C.
6. Donald McIntosh-Dawsonville, Ga.
7. Donald Bradsher-Burlington, N.C.
8. Jonathan Davenport-Blairsville, Ga.
9. Ross Bailes-Clover, S.C.
10. Kenny Collins-Colbert, Ga.
11. Ivedent Lloyd-Ocala, Fla.
12. Craig Vosbergen-Perth, Western Australia
13. Ben Nicastri-Sydney, Australia
14. Farrel Skelton-Mount Pleasant, Tenn.
15. Ben Watkins-Lancaster, S.C.
16. Dale McDowell-Chickamauga, Ga.
17. Brandon Umberger-Rural Retreat, Va.
18. Dennis Franklin-Gaffney, S.C.
19. Chris Ferguson-Mount Holly, N.C.
20. Billy Hicks-Mount Airy, N.C.
21. Robby Moses-Maryville, Tenn.
22. Stacy Boles-Clinton, Tenn.
23. Billy Ogle, Jr.-Knoxville, Tenn.
24. Mason Massey-Douglasville, Ga.
25. Travis Greer-Marion, Va.
26. Chris Combs-Isom, Ky.
27. Jason Walker-Culleoka, Tenn.
Did Not Start- Jason Johnson-Woodlawn, Va.
Time of Race: 54 minutes, 12 seconds
Margin of Victory: 2.802 seconds
Yellow Flags: 7 (lap 12, 19, 19 restart, 21, 22, 28, 32)
Red Flags: 1 (lap 19 restart)
Lap Leaders: Ross Bailes (1-8; 21-22), Chris Ferguson (9-20),
Vic Hill (23-53)
Overall Top Qualifier: Vic Hill (Group B) 16.393 seconds
Keyser Manufacturing 11th Place Award: Ivedent Lloyd
Highest Finishing CT525 Engine ($200): None
Highest Finishing Steel/SPEC Engine ($200): None
Provisional Starters: None
Heat One Finish (8 laps/all transfer)- Ross Bailes, Craig Vosbergen,
Chris Combs, Steve Casebolt, Donald McIntosh, Stacy Boles, Ben
Heat Two Finish (8 laps/all transfer)- Dale McDowell, Donald
Bradsher, Robby Moses, Dennis Franklin, Ben Watkins, Travis Greer,
Heat Three Finish (8 laps/all transfer)- Brandon Overton, Ivedent
Lloyd, Vic Hill, Billy Ogle, Jr., Kenny Collins, Mason Massey,
Heat Four Finish (8 laps/all transfer)- Chris Ferguson, Shanon
Buckingham, Billy Hicks, Johnny Pursley, Brandon Umberger, Jason
Walker (DNS-Jason Johnson)
Schaeffer’s Southern Nationals Series presented by Sunoco
Race Fuel/Tennessee RV Current Top Ten Points (after July 15,
1. Vic Hill-200
2. Brandon Overton-196
3. Steve Casebolt-194
4. Shanon Buckingham-192
5. Johnny Pursley-190
6. Donald McIntosh-188
7. Donald Bradsher-186
8. Jonathan Davenport-184
9. Ross Bailes-182
10. Kenny Collins-180
* All Photos Below
Courtesy of McLeod Media Services